VOGUE KNITTING WINTER 2011/12
TWENTY MINUTES WITH CARLA PARKES: The Yarn Whisperer speaks to Daryl Brower about the siren call of sock stitching.
SPOTLIGHT ON: COMBAT KNITTERS: Members of the U.S. military use knitting to battle the stresses of working in a war zone. By Daryl Brower
MEG SWANSEN: HOOKS AND LADDERS - Meg on crochet techniques every knitter should know.
IT'S ELEMENTAL!: A handful of knitters steeped in the sciences have found unalloyed success merging left-brain logic with right-brain creativity. By Cheryl Krementz
WILD KIDS, PRIMITIVE SHEEP: A day at the 4-H fair opened a wild-and-woolly new chapter in the life of a family who now raise rare sheep. By Rebecca Klassen
- Relax with casually stunning sweaters and striking stitched décor.
- Brighten the gray haze of the winter cityscape with capes as scarlet as a rose.
- The accent is on artistry in our collection of sumptuous accessories.
- Our favorite Seventh Avenue deconstructionist does “pretty” beautifully.
- Marquee milliner Lola Ehrlich’s turbans revive old-school glam.
- Knitted skirts for gals on the prowl.